SAVE GREENWICH VILLAGE!!
Click for Latest press
The Vanishing Village
TENANTS of Gottlieb Real Estate ~
We have prepared Questions and Answers from the first meeting for those of you
who couldn't make it or missed some of it.
NEIGHBORHOOD IN AN UPROAR!
Sapore Restaurant Closed.... "Greedy Landlords - Thanks for Removing a Great Piece of West Village Life!
No More Little Pie Company on 14th Street Day-O! Closed since August 2007
(They're still on West 43rd Street)
Voyage -- Bon Voyage..... Shops Closed.......
* Click the green arrow to watch the video. This site is safe. Allow scripts and Active X controls to see the video. *
you for joining us at the recent rally and press conference to save a
event was at the site of the Northern Dispensary, one of
the news conference, public interest lawyer Carl Mayer and plaintiff
Michael Corbett joined
concerned neighbors in announcing a litigation against
current owners who have spent
years neglecting this landmark and many others like the Keller
Hotel and the Gansevoort Market.
buildings are some of the crown jewels of
Come back for periodic updates.
First Press Conference was held on Aug. 23, 2007
The Northern Dispensary
165 Waverly Place
The Northern Dispensary is located at the point at which two branches of Waverly Place come together, and where Christopher Street and Grove Street diverge off Christopher Park.
* 1 or 9 train to Christopher Street. Walk East one block
* A/C/E B/D/F trains to West 4th Street. Get off at the 8th Street exit and go West on Waverly two blocks.
The Dispensary is on the block after Gay street.
* From uptown: 6th Avenue bus to Waverly Place. Walk one block West on Waverly Place.
* From downtown: 7th Avenue bus to Christopher Street. Walk one block East on Christopher Street to 165 Waverly Place.
The Keller Hotel, one of Gottlieb's properties above.
This photo was taken at The Northern Dispensary a few days before
the press conference, ...before the weeds were removed.
Peeling Paint on the outside of The Keller Hotel The Inside of The Keller Hotel
Save Greenwich Village Headquarters
1180 Avenue of the Americas, 8th FL
New York, NY 10036
For More Information Contact: SaveTheVillage@aol.com